Our Consultant, Julie Cartwright, is highly experienced in dealing with NHS complaints and in supporting primary care, acutes and trusts in this arena. She is uniquely placed, having had solid experience within PCT, CCG, Partnership Trust and NHS England complaints settings.
In 2012, she also passed the Advanced Professional Award in Complaints Handling and Investigations.
An accomplished case manager with thirteen years’ solid experience in dealing with NHS complaints. With an excellent knowledge of the incumbent regulations, paired with practical expertise in handling complex and serious cases, she is focused on using investigations to effect change in a positive way. This means that she helps to ensure that problems do not recur for either the patient or the organisation.
Julie has many years’ experience of training groups numbering between 8-95 in the subject of dealing with NHS complaints and with difficult people; she thoroughly enjoys running training sessions and meeting the people that are investigating.
Her particular strengths include building good working relationships at all levels, letter-writing about challenging, emotional subjects, consent to share information and maintaining efficient administrative processes. Detail focused where most needed , she is able to keep sight of goals and timescales at the same time.
- Thirteen years’ solid experience in patient-facing complaints handling and supporting practices in Devon and latterly, also in Cornwall.
- Seven years’ experience of writing and delivering training in this broad subject.
- Chaired the Devon and Cornwall NHS Complaints Managers Network for 2 years.
- Successfully passed BTEC 7 Advanced Professional Award in Complaints Handling and Investigations in May 2012.
- A good relationship and links with the PHSO office and has attended a number of training and feedback sessions given by the Ombudsman.