Julie Murden-Brown (previously Cartwright), is highly experienced in both proofreading and in training about how to deal with NHS complaints.
Julie has always had a love of written language, and in January 2017 she qualified with distinction as a Proofreader and Editor through the College of Media and Publishing. She has experience in editing books, blogs, articles and assignments and she is very keen to build upon this.
She is uniquely placed, having had solid complaints experience within PCT, CCG, Partnership Trust and NHS England complaints settings. In 2012, she also passed the BTEC 7 Advanced Professional Award in Complaints Handling and Investigations.
Julie is now enjoying the ability to impart her depth of knowledge to those who continue on the front line, handling complaints. She understands the challenges faced every day by patient-facing roles from receptionists to practice managers and delivers helpful training in an empathic way.
With an excellent knowledge of the incumbent regulations, paired with practical expertise in handling complex and serious cases, she is focused on using investigations to effect change in a positive way. This means that she helps to ensure that problems do not recur for either the patient or the organisation.
Julie has many years’ experience of training groups of between 8-95 people in the subject of dealing with NHS complaints and with difficult people; she thoroughly enjoys running training sessions and meeting the people that are investigating cases.
Her particular strengths include building good working relationships at all levels, letter-writing about challenging, emotional subjects, consent to share information and maintaining efficient administrative processes.
- 13 years’ solid experience in patient-facing complaints case handling and supporting practices in Devon and Cornwall.
- Nine years’ experience of writing and delivering training in this broad subject.
- Chaired the Devon and Cornwall NHS Complaints Managers’ Network for two years.
- Successfully passed BTEC 7 Advanced Professional Award in Complaints Handling and Investigations in May 2012.
- A good relationship and links with the PHSO office and has attended a number of training and feedback sessions given by the Ombudsman.